2023 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am information below
The Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am (Fl Pro/Am) is the Third longest running Professional/Amateur Skimboarding tournament in the World (As for the Professional division, Tex Haines created the First, Harry followed and then I added the Pro division to my tournament in 1996)
The Fl Pro/Am is the only Amateur event in the World that allows each athlete two chances to advance before being eliminated. This tournament runs more divisional heats than any other Skimboarding Tournament in the World, spanning three full days and over hour 30 hours of individual heats . Skimboarding athletes come from more than 75 different beaches from all over Florida, the USA, and the World.
A Skimboarding tournament dream that started once I moved from Tampa to Vilano Beach, Florida USA in February of 1989. Though it took well over a year to get everything in order to hold an event (The very first was Oct 1990). This tournament has always been my gift back to Skimboarding for all of my best sessions, contest personal results, Skimboard Magazine publications from early 80's Florida Skimboarding, lifelong friendships, and wonderful memories. The Fl Pro/Am has always been an end of summer bash that has grown to exceed any and all of my expectations or dreams. Over the years and into the future, many of my Skimboarding friends as well as personal family members, have helped me each and every year fulfill this dream for the sport of Skimboarding. Thanks for all of their help during this event from start to finish.
All of us hope we help make those same memories for you and your families, all while striving to win bragging rights for a year as Champions in your division in one of the greatest Skimboarding Tournaments on EARTH !!!
Thanks for competing in the Florida Pro/Am, all of us wish you the Best of Luck !!
2023 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am
2023 Fl Pro/Am has some exciting news !!
* update 8/15/2023 - For those that might not arrive in time for this friday night's rider meeting at the holiday inn.
once the event begins saturday you must checkin prior to your heat, some athletes still need the entry form filled out. so that is a priority for you prior to putting on a heat jersey. please do not approach any of the staff saturday morning while we are setting up to try and check-in. if anything you can help. we unlike other tournaments must setup and break down daily according to our county beach requirements for sea turtle preservation....and we are good with that fact and 100% support it.
once we are set up is the time to check-in...again this tournament is for all of you but these are our requirements.
in your entry packets are 2 special items.
1) a gold Fl PRo/am vip bracelet- this bracelet must be worn throughout the tournament in order to get your vip treatment. on saturday jimmy hula's of st. augustine will be providing lunch and then sunday we have have cheba hut and surfside cafe providing lunch. this also allows you access to the hydration tent for fruit,water plus energy drinks.
2) remember the m&ms we always have - well this year one of you will receive an extra pack in your packet containing a pink run drop slide one. who ever is so lucky to receive it needs to come show us during the tournament. you are the golden ticket winner for 2023. what does this mean ?? your entry for the 2024 30th anniversary tournament is free !!
if that doesn't get you excited for this weekend i don't know what can...safe travels everyone and "let's have fun"
* update 8/5/2023 - On saturday 8/19 from 4pm-8pm the vilano beach street market will be taking place along vilano road. great opportunity for all of you to see and maybe purchase some items from local artists and craftsman.
* update 8/1/2023 - Holiday Inn Express is offering a room rate of $179.00 per night for thursday and friday, $199.00 saturday and $159.00 sunday. Indoor pool and a very nice breakfast. contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your room. mention fl pro/am
parking on the beach - currently vilano beach is closed to vehicular traffic therefore no on beach parking. you may pull into the circle to drop off your beach items, then must find legal parking. there will be an uber driver posted up all weekend to take you where ever you desire.
* update 6/15/2023 - update. apex skimboards has joined in as a premier sponsor. we are stoked to have paul onboard with us. the Fl Pro/am is the only skimboarding tournament in the world supported by all of the leading skimboard manufacturers.
* update 6/14/2023 - update. prizes are already arriving from Fl pro/am's newest sponsors: gooch and i-sea sunglasses. also my long time friends as mr.greens produce company will be providing all of the athletes this year with your fruit hydration to help with the heat like we do every year....bananas, plums, apples and of coarse florida oranges.
* update 5/20/2023 - update. riders meeting and check-in will take place on friday 8/18 starting at 7pm. holiday inn express will be our host located at 140 vilano road. they also blocked off a room break price for anyone attending the tournament. phone number is listed below
* update 4/9/2023 - Professional Athletes, The fl pro/am is no longer affiliated with the ust, thus we do not honor their seasonal rankings. you will be seated based upon your 2022 fl pro/am results. results are listed below. those entering this year that weren't here in 2022 will be put into a draw.
* update 4/7/2023 - on beach parking is very limited due to a smaller beach this season. Plan on spending the entire day on the beach if you aren't staying in one of the hotels on Vilano. If you drive off from your spot, chances are it won't be there when you come back. We advise that you don't park in businesses parking spaces, you quite possibly will get your vehicle towed.
^ Due to the small beach, we will also be setting up a much smaller venue than years past, but the energy and positive vibe will be a strong as always
* We are moving forward with this years Florida Pro/Am 29th year.
* REgistration will begin June 1st for the first 150 amateur entries, no entry limit for professionals
* please follow directions on the official entry form, we will no longer be accepting entry form via fax, only direct mail or email, Almost everyone has a smart phone and you can load a scanning app for free in order to scan your entry, save it as a PDF file, then send it prior to entry deadline. You must attach your payment invoice number if you pay online. Email is email@example.com
* please write legibly on your entry form. We misspell athletes names every year because we cant read your writing, it's as embarrassing to us as it is to you .... also the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
* Easy online registration and Secure payment
* Division names were changed to age group only
* check-in and riders meeting To be determined"
* daily heat schedules will not be posted until late july
* hotel choices are listed below...
* As always we are excited to host some of the most talented athletes in the world, we wish all of you the best of luck and hope you make lifelong memories
2023 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am brought to you by...
More supporters wishing all of you Skimboarders the best of luck !!!
Hotel or Camping Support:
St. Augustine Beach House 904-217-3765
Ponce Hotel 904-824-5554
Hampton Inn 904-827-9797
North Beach Camp Resort 904-824-1806
Holiday Inn Express Vilano 904-481-8300
2023 Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am results
8-U : 1st Maverick Smetts
9-11 : 1st Giorgio Tomassi~ 2nd Ryder Vance ~ 3rd Oliver Kelly
12-14 : 1st Trent Moranda ~ 2nd Dylan Runge ~ 3rd Zaniel Cole
G-14-under : 1st Atleigh Cole ~ 2nd Gus Campbell ~ 3rd Delany Clark
15-17 : 1st Aiden Goldfein ~ 2nd Collin Kelly ~ 3rd Reece Juno
18-21 : 1st Graham Shelton~ 2nd Dylan Duncan ~ 3rd Walker Hayes
22-24 : 1st Colin Lalomia ~ 2nd Cody Newman ~ 3rd Elliot Miller
W 15-up : 1st Kate Warrington ~ 2nd Emma Gleason
25-29 : 1st Chris Trapasso ~ 2nd Kaleb Perkins ~ 3rd Jonathan Capen
30-39 : 1st C.J. Lugo ~ 2nd Nick Vicos
40-up : 1st Brad Evers~ 2nd Chip Sanders ~ 3rd Jed Currington
RDS Golden Ticket Amateur Winner : Jed Currington ~ Automatic Comped Entry to 2024 Fl Pro/Am
RDS Sickest Air $300.00 Winner : Graham Shelton
Florida Skimboarding Amateur Champion : Colin Lalomia ~ 1st runner up Graham Shelton
2nd runner up Chris Trapaso
M.E.C.S. Sportsmanship Award (in honor of Mikel Evers & Claude Sinatsch) : Chris Splendore
Men's Pro : 1st Yahir Valencia ~ 2nd Sterling Myers ~ 3rd Jack Tenney ~ 4th Eddie Dixon ~
5th Kale Troha ~ 6th Gerado Valencia