2021 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am information below
The Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am (Fl Pro/Am) is the Third longest running Professional/Amateur Skimboarding tournament in the World (As for the Professional division, Tex Haines created the First, Harry followed and then I added the Pro division to my tournament in 1996)
The Fl Pro/Am is the only Amateur event in the World that allows each athlete two chances to advance before being eliminated. This tournament runs more divisional heats than any other Skimboarding Tournament in the World, spanning three full days and over hour 30 hours of individual heats . Skimboarding athletes come from more than 75 different beaches from all over Florida, the USA, and the World.
A Skimboarding tournament dream that started once I moved from Tampa to Vilano Beach, Florida USA in February of 1989. Though it took well over a year to get everything in order to hold an event (The very first was Oct 1990). This tournament has always been my gift back to Skimboarding for all of my best sessions, contest personal results, Skimboard Magazine publications from early 80's Florida Skimboarding, lifelong friendships, and wonderful memories. The Fl Pro/Am has always been an end of summer bash that has grown to exceed any and all of my expectations or dreams. Over the years and into the future, many of my Skimboarding friends as well as personal family members, have helped me each and every year fulfill this dream for the sport of Skimboarding. Thanks for all of their help during this event from start to finish.
All of us hope we help make those same memories for you and your families, all while striving to win bragging rights for a year as Champions in your division in one of the greatest Skimboarding Tournaments on EARTH !!!
Thanks for competing in the Florida Pro/Am, all of us wish you the Best of Luck !!
2021 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am
2021 Fl Pro/Am has some exciting news !!
* update 8/19/2021 - Rider check-in will happen friday evening around 8pm at 80 vilano rd. the corner of A1A (coastal Hwy) and Vilano Road. Thanks to my long time friend, John Arbizani, he is allowing me to do this. weather permitting, we might have a surprise saturday evening, it's a Fl Pro/am tradition that we haven't been able to do in a few years.
* entry is still live for a few more hours for certain divisions. * * * please understand we can't stop and answer every phone call/text/email...if you have followed the easy entry instructions then your good to go.
safe travels to everyone
* UPDATE 7/14/2021 - Daily heat schedules are posted. Please note that there are tentative ust men's pro quarter final heats scheduled saturday evening 1 hour after the amateur heats have finished for the day. for years i've attempted to challenge the athletes to the best conditions vilano can offer. we will have an incoming tide at +5.4 ft that peaks around 8:40pm which normally brings with it favorable conditions depending on the winds and tropical conditions. i am optimistic on holding these heats at days end, but if we can't, those heats are slated for sunday.
* if the UST Quarter final rounds are held saturday evening, the sunday schedule will move up in time
* UPDATE 5/28/2021 - I'ts time to get excited once again for the 3rd longest skimboarding pro/am on our planet.
* We are moving forward with this years Fl Pro/Am 27th year.
* REgistration will begin June 1st for the first 150 entries
* please follow directions on the official entry form, we will no longer be accepting entry form via fax, only direct mail or email, prior to entry deadline. You must attach your payment invoice number if you pay online.
* please write legibly on your entry form. We misspell athletes names every year because we cant read your writing, it's as embarrassing to you as it is to us .... also the email address
* Easy online registration and Secure payment
* Division names were changed to age group only
* This year - no heats on friday, only check-in and riders meeting beginning at 8pm - "site To be determined"
* daily heat schedules will not be posted until late july
* hotel choices are listed below...
* As always we are excited to host some of the most talented athletes in the world, we wish all of you the best of luck and hope you make lifelong memories
2022 Fl Skimboarding Pro/Am brought to you by...
More supporters wishing all of you Skimboarders the best of luck !!!
Hotel or Camping Support:
St. Augustine Beach House 904-217-3765
Ponce Hotel 904-824-5554
Hampton Inn 904-827-9797
North Beach Camp Resort 904-824-1806
2021 Florida Skimboarding Pro/Am results
8-U : 1st Giorgio Tomasi ~ 2nd Paxton Goff
9-11 : 1st Nic Anderson ~ 2nd Jacob Evers
12-14 : 1st Cole Seaborn ~ 2nd Collin Kelly ~ 3rd Tyler Culotta
G-14-under : 1st Nicole Phillips ~ 2nd Gus Campbell ~ 3rd Rayne Cutler
15-17 : 1st Sterling Myers ~ 2nd Graham Shelton ~ 3rd Nathan Carter
18-21 : 1st E.T. Beaugrand ~ 2nd Zeke Williams ~ 3rd James Hodges
22-24 : 1st xxx ~ 2nd xxx ~ 3rd xxx
W 15-up : 1st Sydney Pizza ~ 2nd Avery Ritchey ~ 3rd Gianna Destefano
25-29 : 1st Jess Burleu ~ 2nd Chris Trapasso ~ 3rd Rick Steirman
30-39 : 1st Nick Chapa ~ 2nd Nick Vicos ~ 3rd Mathew Koper
40-up : 1st Jed Currington ~ 2nd Chip Sanders ~ 3rd Chris Smith
Florida Skimboarding Amateur Champion : Sterling Myers ~ 1st runner up E.T. Beaugrand
2nd runner up Sydney Pizza
Women's Pro : 1st Sophia Nguyen ~ 2nd Amber Torrealba ~ 3rd Casey Kiernan ~ 4th Irais Ibarra
Men's Pro : 1st Chester Burnett ~ 2nd Gerado Valencia ~ 3rd Sam McCoy ~ 4th Derek Shenton ~ 5th Eoin Lally
6th ~ Jack Tenney